Registration Procedures and Policies for all Workshops
Important Notice! The workshop registration process has changed. Please see the new procedure below for details.
Registration for workshops will be taken over the telephone or in person, for any workshop published on the ETR website. Workshops will be added to the calendar every few days, on a rolling basis, and will include all workshops available over the next few weeks. Please check the calendar frequently to improve your chances of getting into the workshop of your choice.
Customers may take workshops at all three ETR career centers, but are limited to a total of six (6) workshops per month (including stand-by waiting lists).
There is a limit of three (3) computer workshops per month, and these count toward the six (6) total workshop limit.
Computer workshops include:
- Computer Practice Lab
- Electronic Resume
- Internet Job Search
- Introduction to MS Outlook
- Introduction to Personal Computers
- Introduction to Windows
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
When calling to sign up for workshops, please be prepared with:
- your job seeker ID number (8 digit number beginning with 1)
- Don't have a job seeker ID? Register and get one at Massachusetts JobQuest
- up to six workshop requests
- Registration for workshops will be taken over the telephone or in person, for any workshop published on the ETR website. Workshops will be added to the calendar every few days, on a rolling basis, and will include all workshops available over the next few weeks. Please check the calendar frequently to improve your chances of getting into the workshop of your choice.
- If any workshop is full when you attempt to register, you may request to be placed on the ‘Stand-by’ waiting list.
- If you are registering for a workshop that has a prerequisite, you will need to meet all the prerequisite requirements (See Workshop Description link below).
- Customers may sign up for a maximum of six (6) workshops per month. This limit includes stand-by waiting lists.
- Customers may sign up for a maximum of three (3) computer-related workshops per month.
- Customers may not repeat the same workshop within a three month period. However, if there is an open seat on the day of the workshop, after all available stand-by customers have been seated, walk-in customers may attend on a first-come first-served basis, even if they have attended during the previous three months.
- All workshops start on time. Customers should plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop, to get settled, and allow for proper check-in and recording of attendance. Customers who are late will not be allowed to participate and will be recorded as no-shows.
- If a customer on the workshop list has not shown up, the available opening will be filled either by a customer on the stand-by list or a walk-in (stand-by list has priority over walk-ins).
- If you must cancel a workshop, we ask that you call the career center where the workshop is to be held at least one (1) day prior to the beginning of the workshop so that someone else can attend.
- If you cannot attend a workshop and fail to cancel prior to the beginning of the workshop, you will be recorded as a no-show.
- Customers who miss two or more scheduled workshops without calling prior to the start of the workshop, in any two consecutive month period, will lose the privilege of signing up for future workshops.
- If you cannot complete a workshop due to extenuating circumstances, your name will be deleted from the workshop list and not recorded as a no-show.
- If customers cannot keep up with a computer workshop, the instructor will talk to them during the break and give them one of several choices - e.g., to leave the class and reschedule for a future session, to stay in the class and just observe the workshop, etc.
- Customers attending most workshops will get free handouts covering the materials taught in class.
- Customers attending most Microsoft Office computer workshops will get a free class outline, and a free Quick Reference Guide. They will also have the opportunity to purchase a Class Manual for $20 (cash only).